problematic shit that martin freeman has said that people refuse to fucking look at:
- “When I moved up here this woman I know said, ‘Ooh! There are a lot of whiteys up there’, and I said, ‘I love white people; I’ve no problem with them at all. The idea was that I was going to complain because there weren’t enough blues dances out here; not enough ragga around. But I’m not bothered by it.”
- “Multiculturalism hasn’t and doesn’t help, because rightly or wrongly it polarises people so much. Racism is one thing and I don’t agree with that in any form but noticing that there are differences is normal and fine and to be encouraged.”
- “We’ve reached a state now where it’s, ‘You shouldn’t notice. Why are you noticing he’s got a bomb and has a beard and is Muslim and wants to kill your family?”
- “There is no country in the world like this. If all of a sudden all the traffic wardens in Ghana were Welsh, they’d really notice and might not love it. We give ourselves a hard time in this country in a sort of mea culpa way. But if we were that racist, people wouldn’t come. Very simple.”
- "I really liked hip-hop until the gangsta rap took over. I come from a time when not every rap record was ‘[n-word]’ this and ‘[n-worda]’ that; an earlier socially and morally conscious hip-hop sensibility, when it was, ‘Don’t call people [n-word]’. But now it’s [n-word], [n-word], [n-word] and it’s not funny or interesting politically, artistically or socially. I really don’t like it.” (Note that he didn’t say “n-word”, he said the actual word itself).
- “The funny thing about the acting business is that there are more p**fs in it than you can have hot dinners thrown at you. But no one is out. It’s not so bad here, but in Hollywood? Jesus Christ. Why don’t they just admit it? No one cares if they’re gay or not. I certainly don’t.”
- “I met Lucy Liu at the Emmy’s who was charming, but very ugly. She’s a dog, come on, she’s a very unattractive woman.”
- “Standing outside a location trailer is Martin Freeman. He is notably not wearing the safety helmets that are mandatory for everyone else on set, and is in the middle of explaining to one of the Sherlock runners – who is wearing her safety helmet – just why this is.
“I’m a big fish, you see, love,” he says, sipping at his tea. “I’m… Johnny Big Bollocks. And you’re… you’re… what’s that stuff whales eat? Krill. You’re krill. Location krill. Krill wears a helmet.” ”
- "He makes a comment about Una Stubbs that it would be inappropriate to repeat in The Times. (“I’ve been flirting with Una,” he concludes, after the bad story. “Well, it’s actually sexual aggression, but I often find the line between the two quite blurry.”"
martin freeman is not this sweet man that tries to be an ass. martin freeman is an asshole that tries to cover that up by being sweet to people who make him money.
The trailer for the Film of Which I Will Not Name or Provide Advertisement for has been released, I would like to point out that I do moderate a BDSM info blog with lots of good, healthy resources for those interested in the lifestyle: thedommedaycare.
Please do not support this film and please educate yourselves.
I bet before Carlos moved to Night Vale he used to regularly reinvent really useless household appliances all the time.
Like ‘Hey check this out it looks like a regular umbrella but it’s also COMPLETELY FIREPROOF’
and everyone would be like ‘Carlos why the hell would anyone NEED a fireproof umbrella if it’s already raining seriously stick to science’
but in Night Vale everyones like ‘Aw man this is PERFECT for when it starts raining fire/gasoline/literal death’ and Carlos is just like ‘My time has come’